- The owner is a Disabled American Veteran
- The owner is Retired United States Marine Corps
- The owner is 10 years prior United States Navy
- The owner spent 2 years on the Navy Color Guard honoring fallen veterans all over California
- The owner spent 2 years as a Marine Corps Drill Instructor perfecting and mastering the art of "Military Honors, Drill, Presentation and display"
- Gets $300 burial or cremation allowance
- Gets $300 plot allowance if they don’t use a National Cemetery
- Gets transportation from VA hospital (our charges reimbursed)
- Gets transportation to place of interment or services (our charges reimbursed)
- Honorably discharged veteran serving any length of time before 9/7/80.
REMEMBER! In order for the veteran to receive these honors, you MUST present the Funeral Home with the Veterans DD-214 or Discharge Certificate, in some cases the Veterans Administration can assist in obtaining documentation for proof of service, but this is ONLY if the Veteran has been seen at a VA healthcare facility.
When you sit with the funeral provider, don’t ask them if they can try to get Funeral Honors. Tell them to do it. The Veteran earned it, it is not the funeral homes services to give away. If they can not help. Please, Please move to another facility that will honor the Veterans sacrifice and service to country.