Friday, October 7, 2011

TRUST ME.................

Trust me, I'm a funeral director.

Have you heard this before? Well trust is a very, very large order to fill. We, as a society have grown less and less capable of trusting. Why you ask? Well lets look at this:

We tried to trust the banking system, Need I say more?

We tried to trust the mortgage companies, Bla Bla Bla......

We tried to trust the house and the senate, were is government now.

We tried to trust the state, well, we tried.

We tried to trust the car salesman. Like I need that now.

Trust is the very basic concept of putting ones faith in another to accomplish something for them, without taking advantage or while looking out for your best interest. Trust is not something that should be asked for from an individual upon a first introduction or initial dealings.

EARNED!

TRUST is probably the last thing that you should give away when sitting with a family counselor to make funeral arrangements. You should be guarded and always take into account that the individual sitting across from you is running a business, not a ministry, not a charity not anything that is in a position to look out for your best interests first. Far and few between are those facilities that are trying to bring the best deal to the table to help you. Facilities may have "Good People" working for them, but remember most of those good people answer to someone and as much as they may want to, they will have to pass that trust that you gave them on to an individual that you may never even meet.

Try this some time if you are ever in a position were a counselor either says "Trust Me" or "Put your trust  in us" to take care of you:

Ask them OK, I will trust you and I ask you to trust me by allowing me to pay for all my services AFTER the conclusion of everything. Se how much "Trust" there is then. Se how much the facility will work with you and then you will find out how little they will do to assist you in anyway, other than collect payment. Were is that trust that the facility was asking of you?

I will be very honest, far and few are the times that I will find myself reaching out to a family like that. I do not bring up the word "trust' or "trust me" I would not expect them to, BUT, I do know over the days I work with them that they will come to see that I am here for them and my compassion and care truly is sincere. Should they choose to trust me, that will be on their grounds, not mine. Mine is to provide a service that should not and will not start with the word "Trust". Just try telling the Director that unfortunately your not in a position to settle the account, you will be surprised how fast that ministry becomes a business and then ends up in small claims court. That is why I don't ask for trust, Because in the event that things go wrong, I need to operate my business as a business and to do anything otherwise would be misleading and dishonest. I am not like that.

Trust is a character trait that should be given freely, not asked for and never expected.

At Avenidas we do not ask you to trust us, we only ask you to let us help you and also let us know if their is something we are doing that needs are attention, that's all. This is a very simple business, it is not as complicated and prestigious as some would want you to believe, Trust me, I know. Oops! did I say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment