- Acquire a requested amount of certified copies of the death certificate needed to settle the estate of the deceased.
- Make arrangements with a family’s choice of clergy person, church, music, etc.
- Make arrangements with cemetery, crematory, or other place of disposition.
- The providing of a register book, prayer cards, funeral folders, and acknowledgments, as requested by a family.
- Offer the assistance of notifying relative and friends.
- Arrange for clergy honorariums, music, flowers, death certificates, obituaries, additional transportation, etc.
- Care and arrangement of floral pieces and the post funeral distribution as directed by a family.
- Arrange for pallbearers, automobiles, and special services (fraternal or military) as requested by a family.
- Care and preservation of all floral cards, mass cards, or other memorial contributions presented to the funeral home.
- Your funeral director, with his/her staff personnel, will direct the funeral in a most professional manner, and be in complete charge of the funeral procession to the cemetery or other place of disposition.
- Assist a family with social security, veterans insurance, and other death-related claims.
- A post funeral meeting, by the funeral director, with a family, to deliver such things as the register book, floral and mass cards, and to ascertain whether or not he/she can be of further assistance.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
WHAT DOES A FUNERAL DIRECTOR DO? WELL, ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE FUNERAL DIRECTOR.....
What Does a Funeral home STAFF do? and Ladies and Gentlemen, they probably do it all!
Now, as for the funeral director, they are responsible for signing the contract, embalming and any restorative arts if needed, and if they own the buisness, spending the money.